From 65 Days of Winter to 100 Days of Spring, the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau has released its latest seasonal calendar to highlight the bevy of activities, attractions, and events happening throughout the greater Mt. Pleasant region this coming season.
While winter may seem like it lasts twice as long as spring sometimes, the new list offers no shortage of ideas for getting out of the house and into the community as one season starts to wrestle control from the other.
And you can tell people are tired of winter by the amount of events in March alone. We’ll revisit the rest of spring a little further down the line. There’s just so much to do this month.
Here’s a look at some of our favorites.
Visit the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau online
- March 7: New art exhibition With Her Eyes features the work of three Russian female artists at Art Reach of Mid Michigan
- March 8: Superstar comic Dane Cook performs at Soaring Eagle Casino; the HBA Home Show opens with special guest Vern Yip of Trading Spaces- and HGTV-fame at the CMU Indoor Athletic Complex; and Into the Woods Jr. opens at Broadway Theatre
- March 10: Hashtag Wedding Bridal Show at Bucks Run Golf Club
- March 13: The annual Clare Irish Festival opens in Clare and runs through March 17
- March 16: Get in the Irish spirit with Celtic rockers Stone Clover taking over Soaring Eagle Casino and St. Practice Day Craft Beer & Music Festival at O’Kelly’s Sports Bar & Grill
- March 20: First day of spring! Fittingly, The Golf Center reopens
- March 23: 30th Annual Celebrating Life Powwow at CMU
- March 29: 3OH!3 and Bryce Vine perform at CMU
to view the full list of events.
Got a development news story to share? Email MJ Galbraith here or send him a tweet @mikegalbraith.