As reported last week, Lawrence Technological University is planning to open a 6,300 sq. ft. space for its business and manufacturing accelerator the LTU Collaboratory. The new space is scheduled for a spring 2019 opening.
That development, however, is just one of many upgrades planned for the private university’s Southfield campus.
According to LTU University Architect Joe Veryser, the university "always tries to minimize impact and inconvenience to our students--thus, we try to do all our major renovation work between mid-May and mid-August."
There are several changes currently underway or scheduled for Lawrence Tech:
- LTU’s fourth residence hall will open this August, introducing housing for 300 more students on the Southfield campus
- The South Residence Hall is currently undergoing a $2 million renovation
- The Real Food on Campus cafeteria is expanding to accommodate the influx of on-campus residents, with renovations overtaking the LTU bookstore
- The bookstore moves to the second floor of the Buell Management Building, pushing LTU’s Marketing and Public Affairs and University Advancement offices to 21311 Civic Center Dr. across campus. That building will be renamed the University Services Building, also adding LTU’s IT department to its list of tenants
- Current tenants of the soon-to-be-renamed University Services Building include the offices of Marketing and Public Affairs and Advancement, Campus Facilities, Human Resources, and eLearning Services
- New medical laboratories are being added to the Science Building, which are scheduled to be completed by summer 2019
College sports fans will be especially interested to learn that the inaugural season of Lawrence Tech’s football season kicks off on Saturday, Sept. 1, at LTU’s athletic field. The stadium has received a $1 million expansion to add seating and lighting for fans of the first-ever Lawrence Tech Blue Devils football team.
to learn more about the LTU Collaboratory expansion.
Got a development news story to share? Email MJ Galbraith here or send him a tweet @mikegalbraith.