Lawrence Technological University is once again getting into the holiday spirit.
The Southfield-based university has organized a pop-up shopping experience that features local, sustainable businesses.
The Holiday Pop-Up Shop returns to LTU’s Detroit Center for Design + Technology for this year’s Noel Night, Saturday, Dec. 1, in Detroit. The shops are open from 5 to 10 p.m.
Vendors range from chocolate-makers to vintage clothing dealers, from crafters of home goods to makers of men’s care products. Also on hand will be 313 Ghostbusters, a charity-driven group that dresses as the popular movie characters of the same name.
313 Ghostbusters will be posing for photos with fans and collecting donations for The Children’s Center of Wayne County. The group will be accepting cash donations and in-kind donations of clothes, household goods, new toys, socks, underwear, hats and gloves.
This year’s group of vendors includes:
- Boro: A purveyor of designer and vintage clothing and accessories, based in Detroit
- Cheryl Labes: A local maker of a "7-way shirt scarf" available in a variety of fabrics and colors
- Detroit Barbers: The Corktown-based barber shop and men’s product company will be offering their products as well as on-site haircuts
- Detroit Wick: Locally-crafted candles made with sustainable ingredients
- Jo Caputo Photography: The local photographer will be selling his prints as well as provide an on-site photo booth
- Mama Coo’s Boutique: The Corktown vintage clothing store will be bringing a curated selection of goods
- Not Sorry Apparel: Upcycled clothing made with eco-friendly and sustainable practices
- Western Market: A Ferndale-based grocery and specialty food shop
Holiday Pop-Up Shop is free and open to the public. It’s located at the DCDT Woodward Gallery at 4219 Woodward Ave. in Detroit’s Midtown district.
Detroit Center for Design + Technology is home to LTU’s College of Architecture and Design’s Detroit programs.
Got a development news story to share? Email MJ Galbraith here or send him a tweet @mikegalbraith.