Embracing the city’s new motto, the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau has released its latest seasonal activities list 100 Days of Summer, providing residents and visitors alike plenty of opportunities to "Meet Here."
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights.
- June 12: Check out the newest sports bar in town, Ascend at Soaring Eagle Casino. Wednesdays are Comedy Night, a laugh-inducing welcome to the new space
- June 20: The downtown summertime tradition continues with this year’s Summer Concert Series event from Max & Emily’s Eatery. DJ Pickle opens this year’s concert series with Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers headlining
- June 22: Mt. Pleasant is lucky enough to have not one but two farmers markets in town. While the farmers market on Island Park has already opened its season, this day marks the opening of the downtown farmers market
- July 4: It’s Independence Day and you know what that means: Fireworks at Soaring Eagle Casino
- July 12: Celebrate the 125th anniversary of the annual Weidman Sawmill Days, a mid-Michigan tradition
- July 13: The Chippewa River is something worth celebrating and that’s just what the Chippewa River Water Festival aims to do: Enjoy the day with free performances from musicians, storytellers, and speakers all the while learning a little something about conservation, to boot
- July 15: It’s the sports event mid-Michigan has been waiting for: the Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational begins at Midland Country Club, drawing the world’s top LPGA golfers and international attention to our part of the globe
- July 23: Celebrate North American Indian Culture with NativeFest, including Car Bingo on the 23rd and Music & Comedy Night on the 24th
As always, please visit the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau online to view the full list of events.
Got a development news story to share? Email MJ Galbraith here or send him a tweet @mikegalbraith.