Vibrant colors filled the streets of Downtown Bay City during the 2019 Chalk Walk Art Festival. (Photo courtesy of Studio 23) Photo courtesy of Studio 23
Paint the town red (or pastel, if that's what you prefer) during the Bay City Chalk Walk from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sat., Aug. 13.
Artists start their work near Center Avenue and Water Street at 11 a.m. The artists finish and judging begins at 6 p.m. Artists can win in several categories including adults, youth, most interactive, and people's choice.
Come support your local art community and participate in the Chalk Walk sponsored by Thelen Subaru.Prizes are sponsored by Dick Blick Art Supplies, The Rotary Club of Bay City, and the Bay Area Community Foundation.
The 2019 Chalk Walk Art Festival drew 100 competitors.
There's more than just the creation of street art on tap for the festival. The full schedule includes:
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Kids Scavenger Hunt and Free Coloring Pages (at Studio 23/The Arts Center, 901 N. Water St.)
- Noon to 5:30 p.m.: Kids Activity Area
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Craft Bar and Paint ’N Take (at Studio 23/The Arts Center)
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Live Music from Hiding Salem, Cameron Munholland, and the Saginaw Bay Symphony Orchestra.
- 1 to 3 p.mm: Live Progressive Painting “City Lights” with artist Julie Tyslicky
More information is available at Studio 23/The Arts Center
and on Facebook