Former KCF space available
Office space totaling 129,780 square feet is now for rent on the third floor of the Comerica Building in downtown Kalamazoo.
Until recently, the offices were the home of the Kalamazoo Community Foundation, which has moved to 402 E. Michigan Ave.
The offices for lease are right across from Bronson Park and provide easy access to restaurants, retail, hotels, parking and the Kalamazoo County Courthouse.
The Foundation is looking for a tenant to sublease the property so the funds now going to rent can be redirected to the community. The property is leasing for $1.17 a square foot or $16,790 per month. The space also can be divided.
The space comes with large conference rooms, several executive offices, a large open area for cubicles or work stations.
Overall, vacancies in office space in downtown Kalamazoo are running at about 20 percent, according to data from 2013.
Those seeking more information regarding the property should contact Karen Vandenboss
or Trent Wieringa
The Kalamazoo Community Foundation recently moved into the building donated by John Stryker's Arcus Foundation. It came with a one-time grant of $1 million to cover the cost of renovations and moving.
The former railway passenger and warehouse depot on the corner of East Michigan Avenue and Pitcher Street, was built in 1874. Arcus founder and President Jon Stryker, a Kalamazoo native, purchased it in 2003 and went on to bring about award-winning renovations to the depot, creating 10,000 square feet of offices for the Arcus Foundation and other nonprofit agencies.
The Kalamazoo Foundation has been conducting open houses and tours through the new office since moving into its new space.
Source: Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Enjoy this story? Sign up
for free solutions-based reporting in your inbox each week.