Pfizer plans a job fair Sept. 24.
Pfizer recently announced a huge investment in its manufacturing operation in Portage -- $465 million expansion of its sterile injectable production capabilities. Along with that will come an increase in jobs -- about 450 over the next several years.
The plant also has more than 200 immediate openings, including manufacturing, engineering, skilled trades, and many other openings.
To meet this need, Pfizer is holding a career fair on Monday, Sept. 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Radisson in downtown Kalamazoo, 100 W. Michigan Ave.
Pfizer representatives will be there to conduct onsite interviews, with the goal of filling openings as quickly as the next few weeks.
Information that job seekers should know:
• The open positions require a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. For some jobs, Pfizer may prefer an associate’s degree or six months of relatable work experience or military experience. For engineering and professional positions the company requires a higher degree and in some cases prefer relatable experience as well.
• Pfizer encourages candidates to apply for positions online before the job fair. That way they can be interviewed right onsite. Available positions can be found at pfizer.com/careers.
• Candidates are also encouraged to pre-register for the job fair pfizermi.eventbrite.com.
• While applying and pre-registering are the best approach, candidates who simply show up will be welcome.
• The career fair will include information tables so job candidates can learn more about Pfizer, the medicines it makes and details about the local site.
Source: Rick Chambers and Associates