As great as Bay City is in the summertime, city leaders want people know that this town isn’t just a one-trick pony.
That’s why Downtown Bay City has organized the 8th annual Fall Into Autumn Open House. It’s a chance for Bay City businesses to showcase their latest offerings as the seasons change. The open house is schedule for Friday, Sept. 6 through Sunday, Sept. 8.
"The event showcases downtown and what we have to offer. We want people to know that we’re not only here in the summer, we’re open year round," says Susie Maxwell, Executive Director of the Downtown Management Board and Downtown Development Authority.
"We want people to know that we’re not just a summer town."
Businesses from city coffee shops to clothing boutiques to restaurants are involved, offering sneak peaks at new items, specials, giveaways, and more. Even the library is on board.
Participating businesses are many, including:
- Alice and Jack Wirt Public Library, 500 Center Ave.
- Artigiano, 815 Saginaw St.
- Amphora Olive and Cheese Bar, 401 Center Ave.
- Bay Antique Center, 1010 N. Water St.
- Baysics Variety Store, 926 Washington Ave.
- Bee Leaf Teas, 401 Center Ave.
- City Grind Coffee Shop, 401 Center Ave.
- City Market, 401 Center Ave.
- Coyer Candle Co., 112 Third St.
- Ferne Boutique, 922 Washington Ave.
- Golden Gallery and Custom Framing, 113 Third St.
- G.T. Homestead, 109 Third St.
- Heidi's Darn Good Cookies, 401 Center Ave.
- Herman Hiss & Company, 905 Washington Ave.
- Keeping Character, 906 N. Water St.
- Little House, 924 N. Water St.
- Little Shop Boutique, 107 Fifth St.
- MeadowCreek Clothiers, 920 Washington Ave.
- Merle Norman Cosmetics, 908 Washington Ave.
- Modern Craft - A Different Kind of Wine, 401 Center Ave.
- My Secret Garden, 600 Saginaw St.
- Oily Apothecary, 401 Center Ave.
- Ward Studio and Painterly Pottery, 923 N. Water St.
- Panache Boutique, 214 Center Ave.
- Paradise City Treasure, 206 Center Ave.
- Populace Coffee, 810 Saginaw St.
- Perfectly Imperfect Creations, 108 Third St.
- Regent Floral & Mercantile, 924 Washington Ave.
- Sweet Peach Children's Boutique, 910 Washington Ave.
- St. Laurent Brothers, 1101 N Water St.
- Tex-Mex Grille, 401 Center Ave.
- The Devout Sprout Salad Bar & Eatery, 401 Center Ave.
- The Harvest Store, 401 Center Ave.
- The Pantry, 401 Center Ave.
- Uptown Girl, 111 Center Ave.
- Violets Blue, 115 Fourth St.
"We want to give businesses a chance to showcase their fall items and get everybody in the mood," Maxwell says.
Visit Downtown Bay City online for a complete listing of specials and giveaways.
Got a development news story to share? Email MJ Galbraith here or send him a tweet @mikegalbraith.